Part-time Child & Family Therapist
Eastside Family Counseling is an established private practice in the Redmond area that offers child, teen, couple, family & individual adult counseling services to Seattle’s Eastside communities. Our office is located in downtown Redmond, WA close to schools and amenities. Our therapists share the common values of compassion and caring for our clients with a strong desire to help our clients make positive changes in their lives. We encourage learning and development and offer a supportive, collaborative work environment.
This is an opportunity for a therapist who want to work with children, teens & families in a private practice without having to deal with the business side of a private practice. Hours are flexible and will include evening and weekend scheduling. Increased hours will become available as your caseload grows. Women, minorities, LGBTQ-identified, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Status: Part-time employee to start. The position has the potential to grow to full-time based on the performance and growth of candidate and Eastside Family Counseling.
Compensation: Hourly in-session rate, rate dependent upon experience.
Summary Description: We are seeking a Child & Family Therapist (LMFT, LICSW, or LMHC – can also be an associate working towards their hours for licensure) for a growing Redmond private practice to offer counseling services to a variety of clientele.
Working independently most of the time, the counselor will be responsible for providing mental health and interpersonal relationship counseling services to children, teens & parents. Ongoing treatment collaboration and documented case management.
Primary Position Requirements:
- Performs initial assessment/intake to clients in person, or by telephone. Completes timely follow-up with clients as necessary.
- Completes mental health & bio-psychosocial assessments with clients expressing various issues e.g. substance abuse, mental health, and family concerns that may be impacting daily functioning. Provides diagnosis using DSM-5 criteria where appropriate.
- Develop & maintain the therapeutic alliance throughout the counseling relationship, addressing breaches as appropriate.
- Develop & implemented treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical documentation in a timely manner in a computerized system for follow-up regarding clinical services.
- Engages in ongoing collaboration with counseling team.
- Adheres to the applicable ethical, therapeutic, and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures and laws, which apply to the organization as appropriate.
- Undertakes additional tasks, including business development, as identified through collaboration with the owner.
Skills: Empathy, active listening, establishing rapport, reframing, written & verbal communication, documentation, systems awareness, collaboration, Play therapy training and experience required.
Experience: LMFT, LICSW or LMHC (can also be an associate working towards their hours for license); training & experience in expressive & play therapy modalities (certification preferred), 2+ years’ experience in private practice or EAP setting preferred.
Attitude/attributes: Positive & friendly, team focused, community builder, self-aware, compassionate, sense of humor, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to adjust to changing issues and environments, strong awareness of matching therapeutic pacing to the client’s needs.
Results: Therapeutic relationships with at least 100 clients in the past two years; worked with a variety of therapeutic issues; completed formal termination process with at least 1/3 of clients seen.
Cognitive: Strong knowledge of developmental psychology & attachment, competent understanding of therapeutic alliance principles, processes and planning; strong diagnostic skills; commitment to excellence through ongoing professional development.
Habits: Demonstrated commitment to work-life balance; professional appearance, strong systems and organizational skills; timeliness.
Work Environment: Eastside Family Counseling is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusiveness. We believe in the value of building connections among people and businesses that open space for growth, learning, and authentic connections. We accept people for who they are and for where they are at in their journey in business and in life.
How to Apply: If interested, please send a letter of interest to the owner, Jennifer Kennett (jennifer [at] eastsidefamilycounseling.com), with the subject line: Application for Part Time Child & Family Therapist . In your letter, please address how you meet the above qualifications and include a description of your approach to individual and group counseling. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please attach your resume to the email and include three clinical references.